- Agragamee which means, “pioneer”, is a group of activists and thinkers committed to working with marginalized and underprivileged communities in the tribal districts of Orissa, in India. Our efforts at initiating a people-centred development have combined an issue-based approach with programmes for socio-economic development. Agragamee has been engaged in people-centred, culturally sensitive and ecologically balanced sustainable development of remote tribal communities in Orissa for over two decades. It began as the Social Work and Research Centre in 1981 and was registered as Agragamee in 1987. Currently, we work directly in 8 districts of Orissa and indirectly through a consortium of 9 partner NGOs called Sanjojana. Our mission is to promote all aspects of tribal development throughout India, with a focus on Orissa and integrated approaches to help tribal communities mobilize for self-sustaining development initiatives. Our efforts are directed at establishing total human development and bringing about social change through awareness as well as forming local level organisations to ensure social justice and self-reliance. We aim to better the econimic conditions of poor communities by realising the potential of personal skills and resources.
- It started work in the Kashipur block of Rayagada District in 1981 as the Social Work & Research Centre (Orissa) and was registered separately as Agragamee in April 1987. It currently works directly in eight districts of Orissa and indirectly in some more through a consortium of nine partner-NGOs called Sanjojana. It is among Odisha most well-known and respected NGOs.
- Agragamee has attempted to work with the people in this backward region to empower them – tangibly and intangibly – with the awareness, means, rights, skills and opportunities necessary to check their exploitation and to sustainable manage their natural resource base.
|Name of Organisation||
Mr. Achyut Das (Director)
|Details of Registration Under Act-1860||
Registration No : KPT-289-6/1987-88
|Details of Foreign Contribution Regulation Act-1976||
Registration No : 104960035
|Name of Chief Functionary||
Mr. Achyut Das(Director)
|Geographical Area of Operation||
India : In particular, Estern state of Odisha.
Promote all aspects of tribal development throughout India, with focus on Odisha through an integrated approach to help tribal communities mobilize for self-sustaining development initiatives
A world without hunger and injustice
- Total human development and social change through awareness and formation of local level organisations.
- Social justice and self-reliance.
- Better the economic conditions of poor communities by realising the potential of skills and resources.