A joint Effort by Agragamee and European Union in 10 Underdeveloped Districts of Odisha the Project seeks to Address Nutritional and Income Insecurity of Underprivileged communities by improving access to relevant Government schemes.(This project requires a matching contribution of Rupees six hundred and eighty thousand or 12.5% of the total project cost, as part of the commitment from Agragamee's side. We welcome institutions and individuals who would join with us in this effort to help marginaliseded tribal communities)
Improve quality of life of poor local communities in remote tribal pockets by enhancing participation in local governance, and improving information and access to Govt. schemesObjectives :
- Facilitate access to information on Government Schemes, on nutrition, income and employment generation, education and health.
- Channelizing local youth initiative and energy to reach out to local communities.
- Increase understanding of the schemes, through appropriate training, and discussion forums.
- Facilitate interface with Govt. bodies, at different levels to enhance efficacy of schemes.
- Mainstream critical issues through appropriate forums.
Who Will Benefit :
Schedule Tribe and Schedule Caste women and children, landless and marginal farmer families, migrant workers, and displaced communities.
- 10000 children benefit from improved delivery of ICDS services.
- 10000 school going children have better access to primary education.
- 20 backward Blocks in 10 districts have better people centred planning.
- 10000 women in 20 blocks benefit from women centred Gram Sabha decisions.
- Overall improvement in 20 backward blocks in 10 districts lead by change agents.
- SC and ST communities in identified districts
- Elected representatives
- Block and district level government functionaries
- Secretaries and Ministers of concerned department
- Concerned Central Government Ministries
- Human rights groups
- International funding agencies
1.Base-line Survey : Participatory base-line survey in 10 % of the proposed area to assess exclusion and particiaption of local communities as a benchmark.
2.Formation of Block Level Information Centres : Block Level Information Centres (BLICS) providing information on schemes and programmes their objectives, fund flows, targets, beneficiarie, etc. facilitating local level monitoring.
3.Training & Capacity Building For Youth Empowerment : Training of youth on Government schemes and programmes for village mobilisation, and emerge as change agents.
4.Linkages and Joint Programmes with Government Agencies : Community members will be facilitated to proactively participate in all Government and local Panchayati Raj institutions, and monitor the decisions, schemes and programmes.
5.Interface workshops with Government Organisations & Panchayati Raj Institutions : To facilitate sharing of information, ongoing monitoring of access and availability to beneficiaries, regularity of Govt functionaries, leakages, and exclusion and inclusion issues,
6.Development & Dissemination of IEC material : Information of different Government Programmes in local language, designed for easy readability and published and disseminated widely.
7.Street theatres and other traditional media : Traditional media, including puppetry, street theatre, and folk songs for better effective information flow, with special focus on women.
8.Documentation and dissemination of Best practices : Documentation of experiences and success stories for learning and upscaling
9.State & District level Consultations : To facilitate interactions between poeple, leaders, mainstream media, and Government for showcasing best practices, and sharing of learnings.Institutional Framework :
The implementation of the project will be through key people centred institutions at different levels :
1.Block Level Citizen's Action Forum
2.The District Right to Information Forum
3.The State Right to Information Forum
The project will be taken up in a consortium approach, involving partners and associates with local identity, and local presence at the district level.
|Total Budget Cost & Agragamee contribution:|
|Particulars||Figure in Euro (Rs.84.355/Euro)||Figure in Rs.||Contribution %|
|Total Budget Cost||674298.00||56880407.79||100.00|
- AGRANEE, Mayurbhanj
- BOLANGIR BIKASH PARISHAD, Balangir
- CHALE CHALO, Nuapada
- HARMONY, Malkangiri
- MAHILA VIKAS, Gajapati
- ORRISSA, Malkangiri
- RCDC, Nabrangpur
- SEBA JAGAT, Kalahandi
- SOCIETY FOR THE WELFARE OF WEAKER SECTIONS, Gajapati
- AGRAGAMEE, Rayagada